Brendaonline.com

Job 14

Is there life after death?

14 Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble.

Man is born.  Man dies.  Job speaks and sees very little in the purpose of why man is born.  If a newborn had the choice to say I don't want to enter the earth because it is going to be trouble, he would probably opt out of being born.  When people hurt, they speak from the place they are in.  Job is in so much distress it hard to see any good in his life at this moment.

He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.

He grows up like a flower.  He has beauty for a moment.   Then weeds grow near and try to seemingly mimic the flower and sometimes choke the flower; the flower must be constantly nurtured by the gardener.  Finally, the flower withers or is cut down.   Job compares man's longevity of life to a shadow also; man flees like a shadow. The sun goes down and so does the shadow. Job sees more in the flower and the shadow God made for the man than the man himself.

And doth thou open thine eyes upon such an one, and bringest me into judgment with thee?

Lord are you aware that I exist? Job asks God are you watching me so closely so that you can catch me in the wrong so that you can bring me into judgment?  Many people view God as Job does at this moment.  God is always watching so that when we get off course he will reprimand us.  Imagine a father having children and all he wants to do is correct them for the wrong they do.  God made us.  God knows we will do wrong.  That is why he is our father so that if and when we need to be redirected, he watches us to keep us from hurting ourselves.  A teacher and her students are paired so that the child can learn.  The child does not know what to do, so the teacher is there to introduce the child to a new concept and guide the child into the expected lesson he or she is to learn.

Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.

I am not good enough to stand before you.  Nobody can.  We are not good enough to stand next to you...... This is Job speaking during his time........ But God can bring good out of us.  Thank you for the man, Christ Jesus.  Job pleas for what we have.  The man Christ Jesus.  Let us take full advantage of who we have in us.

Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;

God knows how many days man will live.  

Turn from him, that he may rest, till he shall accomplish, as an hireling, his day.

Job says look away from me.  Give me a few days of rest.  Let me rest until you are done with the problem.

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.

A tree has a better chance than a man?  This is Job's analysis of himself and a tree. 

Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;

Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.

A tree can be resurrected.  But man.....no.  When you read Job's questions and responses it is difficult to understand how he feels.  If you have been living in a palace all your life and you listen to a person who lives on the street, it is hard to comprehend the struggle. Jesus gave us the keys to the kingdom, and listening to Job, I can only imagine how he feels.

10 But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?

Man has no hope afterlife.  Job thinks like this because he has not heard the full gospel at this time.  Job knows we need a savior.

11 As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:

12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

Man dies and so what?

13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!

Job said let me live in the grave a little while.  Could this be where man lives until you are finished with life as I know it? 

14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

  Is it possible for a man to live again?  I know my days are limited.  I want to wait until what I am asking happens to me.

15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.

When you call me after death, I will answer.  You made me with your hands.  You call, I will answer and then I believe you will be glad to see me after you have gotten rid of what makes you so angry.

16 For now thou numberest my steps: dost thou not watch over my sin?  

You know how many steps I will take.  Do you watch my sin like you watch my steps?

17 My transgression is sealed up in a bag, and thou sewest up mine iniquity.

My sins are placed in a bag and you forever bank them.  

18 And surely the mountains falling cometh to nought, and the rock is removed out of his place.

Mountains falling goes to nothing.  Rocks dislocate.

19 The waters wear the stones: thou washest away the things which grow out of the dust of the earth; and thou destroyest the hope of man.

The stones that move are washed away by water.  You destroy what man needs and there goes man.

20 Thou prevailest for ever against him, and he passeth: thou changest his countenance, and sendest him away.

You are always angry with man.  If he was happy you change the happy face to a sad look.

21 His sons come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them.

Funeral

22 But his flesh upon him shall have pain, and his soul within him shall mourn.

My family who I will see no more is sad because of death.

Sing or Say

Job 14

( Job is down and his words are his truth). God is silent.


All I know is what I see

I only can speak 

What’s inside of me

Lord I am so weak

This is not the way it ought to be…..


I ‘m Job

You’re God

I’m weak

You’re God

I’m lost

You’re God

I’m tired

You’re God

I’m a broken 

A broken man.








 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nahum 1