Psalm 3

Brendaonline.com



Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.

Somewhere David found the time to write in his diary of his day or time or fleeing from his son.

Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. 

Many means a lot.  I cry over three or four talking about me. My soul?  My soul is who I am.  I am not my body.  If I were my body then I could carry it with me when I die.  My soul is my decisions.  IF God does not care to help me then who will?  God took care of this doubt when He put it in writing. Yes!!!!!!!

But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

David understood the protection of the shield because he was a warrior.  I understand teaching so I would say metaphors using educational items.  David said a shield becasue he knows it will protect him if used correctly.  David said you my beauty and you keep me going.  If I was hiding behind the shield, he could look up and see that his enemies are gone.

I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.

David spoke to God and God responded all the way from heaven.  My voice is distinguished and He can recognize my voice and my cry all at the same time.  I want to learn to speak to the one who knows me.

I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.

David said I took a nap.  Then he woke up and God kept him and all of his possessions in tack.

I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.

David spoke to himself and said I will not be afraid of a whole lot of people surrounding me.  10,000 people against you?  We need leaders who will stand up and say, I am not afraid, I believe in the living God.

Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.

David ask God to attend to him and save him.  David called God his God.  The last time David checked, he said God smacked his enemies so hard on the jaw that their teeth in their mouths were broken.  David told God to arise:  after he spoke those few words.  his enemies was all taken care of.

Salvation belongeth unto the Lord: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

God owns salvation.  Salvation is God's specialty.  When we connect to God as David, we will get the same deliverance he did when he called out to God!!!!!







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 149