Psalm 59

brendaonline.com

59 Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.


David again asks God to deliver him from people who are against His Word.  Protect me from those who rise up against me for living Your Word.

Deliver me from the workers of iniquity and save me from bloody men.

Remove me from people who destroy the knowledge of God.

Don't allow people who do not want to do what you said to stop me from doing what I know is right.  Save me from people who hurt people.  They only see themselves and what they want.

For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O Lord.

If I were wrong then I could understand Your behaviour.  

They run and prepare themselves without my fault: awake to help me, and behold.

Lord, I've done nothing to deserve this.  Show me your presence Lord and help me.

Thou therefore, O Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.

Lord if people do not want to follow you, then move them from the power they have to hurt others.

They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.

Why do evil people lurk through out the night?  Imagine wasting time at night; for all you are trying to do you should be home making preparation for doing somethig good.  Instead you find time to bother the innocent.

Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords are in their lips: for who, say they, doth hear?

Grown men behaving like wild dogs.  Imagine that.

But thou, O Lord, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.

We see problems and they are real, but God is laughing at every move of my enemy.  My confidence should rest in knowing if God is laughing then I should be comforted in knowing God will protect me.

Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence.  

He is my strength.  Go is my defence.

10 The God of my mercy shall prevent me: God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies.

He is my mercy.  I will see my desire upon those who hate me.

11 Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by thy power; and bring them down, O Lord our shield.

These people David is asking God to scatter but do not kill.  In the last chapter David is asking God to let them pass.  David seems to request different outcomes for different people based on what he knows would be good as a warrior.

12 For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.

David changes his mind.  

They won't stop, so stop them. 

 13 Consume them in wrath, consume them, that they may not be: and let them know that God ruleth in Jacob unto the ends of the earth. Selah.

Consume them in wrath, consume them, that they may not be: and let them know that God ruleth in Jacob unto the ends of the earth


14 And at evening let them return; and let them make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.

They won't stop!  Like wild dogs, they make noise.  

15 Let them wander up and down for meat, and grudge if they be not satisfied.

Don't satisfy their appetite.


16 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.

17 Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.

My prayer is answered!  And I will sing!

The war against God will be won by God


My Song

Now listen to this song

Who can fight against God?

Satan is mad cause

 Right has always won!


Real enemies

Are looking for fights

They don't want you

They got a war with right


Whoever fought a fight

And was beat every time

Hear the Word of God

Say this fight is mine!








 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 149