Psalm 61

Psalm 61

61 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.

David cries to God and asks God to be present while he tells Him his problems.

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Where is the end of the earth?  I guess we can say it is at our wit's end or the end of our ropes.  My heart is full.  Lead me in the truth beyond my understanding.

For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

You were my hiding place yesterday and a lookout for all who came against me.

I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

I will stay in your Word at all times.  I will trust in the hidden spot under your protection.

For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.

You heard me when I said I want you to be Lord of my life.  You have given me what you promised Abraham.

Thou wilt prolong the king's life: and his years as many generations.

I will live the life of a king and may God allow my generation to reign.

He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him.

David prophesys the coming of the Christ.  Tell mercy and truth to always look after my son.  

So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.

When I sing I do my job better.  I will do my job and sing while I do it.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 149