Isaiah 12

brendaonline.com



Isaiah is talking to the future (prophecy)

What he said to one he said to all

In Jesus, there is neither Jew nor Greek

Isaiah is singing this song in a hard time.

Israel is not singing so I cannot imagine what they think of Isaiah right now.


Isaiah 12:1-6 (KJV) 1 And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.


In the midst of judgment, Isaiah sings this song.  Not only does he sing, he tells Judah what will happen in the future and how the lyrics will be written for those who will see Jesus as He is in His reign.

A father who was angry with his children must discipline them.  Because they would not stop hurting each other, the father knew it was time for some severe punishment.

Judah was warned many times to return to God's instructions, but they refused.  This made God angry.  Now, no matter what they did, God's anger came with evidence that He disapproved of their behavior.

Isaiah by the Word Of God speaks of a song that will be sung at a later time.  We must speak the Word even if no one is listening.  When we say what God says, it will register in the mind of those who heard it, even if they at the present time refuse to obey what is being spoken.

Isaiah is so elated to think that God will keep His Word toward Judah, but he was excited to know that God's anger will cease and the people of God will sing.  I can only imagine how these words fell on the people who were living in rebellion.

We disobey. God judges. We cry for forgiveness.  God responds.  We Sing.


 2 Behold, God [is] my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation. 


God my salvation!  God is salvation! Not only is He Savior, but He is also my Savior, my strength, my song and He has become my personal salvation.  I know He saves from sin and I am no longer condemned: he also my personal salvation in my time of need.  If I need a friend he provides, if I need help on my job, He is my helper, If I need help with a recipe He is right there to guide me in the kitchen.  He is my salvation.


3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. 


He provided His Word of 66 books as a well for me.  I can withdraw as needed.  Since I need Him all day every day, I know where to go when I am thirsty. 


4 And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. 

I will Praise the Lord

I will call Him

I will declare He is my God

I will talk about His greatness

I will hold him in high esteem.

When I found that God and His Word are synonymous, I live these words today.  He has proven to me that He is what He will always be.


5 Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this [is] known in all the earth. 


God is excellent!  Sing!  There is no part of the earth He has not shown Himself to be good!!!


6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great [is] the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.


God will keep His Word!  Because God is a Word Keeper!  Shout!  No matter what is going on, God is in the midst.

Judah was scheduled to be taken over by her enemy, even then Isaiah knew they need to keep praising God.

There is never a reason to uphold praise in honor of the Word of God who is God.  Even when we are wrong, praise God!!!  




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 149