Isaiah 46

Brendaonline.com

Isaiah 46:1-13 (KJV) 



1 Bel boweth down, Nebo stoopeth, their idols were upon the beasts, and upon the cattle: your carriages [were] heavy loaden; [they are] a burden to the weary [beast]. 


You are riding in your car that you use as your god.  You and your ride break down; now what?  This is what the idol worshippers did.  They fashioned their own god and the animal used to carry the object, legs were too weak to take it to the destination planned.


2 They stoop, they bow down together; they could not deliver the burden, but themselves are gone into captivity. 


The idol worshipers stoop and bow down as a group of people; they tell the object their problem as if it can change the situation. 



3 Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne [by me] from the belly, which are carried from the womb: 


Still, the Lord calls us: listen to me, the few who are not bowing down to nonsense,  I am God from your birth and I am still God when you are an old woman or man.



4 And [even] to [your] old age I [am] he; and [even] to hoar hairs will I carry [you]: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver [you]. 


When you are 50, I will be God, When you are 60, I will be God and when you are older than that I am God.  I will carry you, you are not strong enough to carry Me.  



5 To whom will ye liken me, and make [me] equal, and compare me, that we may be like? 


Who can you compare Me to?


6 They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, [and] hire a goldsmith; and he maketh it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship. 


You spend a lot of money to make your own god as if the more you spend the more powerful your dumb god will be.  He will fall down and you will have to pick him up.  He will stand where you place him and he will not change anything.  Someone may steal him since you paid so much to have him made.  You may have to lock him up so the thieves won't run away with him.


7 They bear him upon the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place, and he standeth; from his place shall he not remove: yea, [one] shall cry unto him, yet can he not answer, nor save him out of his trouble. 


You prop him up so he will not fall then you fall on your knees to tell your problem to a thing.


If your god told you the truth, leave the room and call the next person to tell you if he told him or her the same thing.  Then repeat this, over and over.  Okay, I just thought I will give you an idea of how God had testimonies about Him year after year, and the people who spoke of Him, never met each other but they all had the same truth.



8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring [it] again to mind, O ye transgressors. 


Be bold and speak up about what you believe.  You sin over and over, but tell the truth and don't leave out anything.



9 Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me, 


Tell me the past of your god.  Okay,  listen, I am God and there is only one Me.



10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: 


I know my past and what the future holds.  I will accomplish everything I planned.



11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken [it], I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed [it], I will also do it. 


Cyrus who is not yet born is a man I am telling you about before he is named.  Now a real God knows that.  I am the only one who is real.  Cyrus will be born and he will do everything Isaiah is telling you today.  This is why I want you to believe Me.



12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that [are] far from righteousness: 


Listen! grown-ups!  You are stubborn and hard to deal with.  Your ways are out of order.




13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.


Right living will come and it will happen sooner than you think.  Jerusalem will be the place that will see all I have spoken and the entire world will know I am God!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nahum 1