Brendaonline.com



Jeremiah 9:1-26 (KJV) 



1 Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people! 


Jeremiah sees the truth from what God is speaking.  He is not looking at the wrath of God, He believes in God's Word.  He expresses that he does not have enough tears to cry for how God will judge Judah for their continuous sins. 



2 Oh that I had in the wilderness a lodging place of wayfaring men; that I might leave my people, and go from them! for they [be] all adulterers, an assembly of treacherous men. 


Jeremiah is saying if I could, I would rather be on vacation not knowing all of what I know about my friends and family who will not stop sinning against God's Word.



3 And they bend their tongues [like] their bow [for] lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the LORD.


Judah has become an expert at lying.  Just as a trained shooter of arrows, Judah has a tongue that is comfortable lying.  How do we know if we are lying?  If we do not check God's Word we are lying.  It is as simple as that.  God's Word is the truth.  If you do not know God's Word, you do not know the truth.



 4 Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders. 


God said don't trust anybody, relative, friend, wife, or child.

5 And they will deceive every one his neighbour, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies, [and] weary themselves to commit iniquity. 


Do not trust anyone.  You are dealing with professional liars.  They make themselves weary and think of ways they can get over it.

6 Thine habitation [is] in the midst of deceit; through deceit they refuse to know me, saith the LORD. 


You live with deceit: through lies, they refuse to know the truth.



7 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will melt them, and try them; for how shall I do for the daughter of my people? 


I will come against you and bring you down;  how can I do anything good for people who live like my people.



8 Their tongue [is as] an arrow shot out; it speaketh deceit: [one] speaketh peaceably to his neighbour with his mouth, but in heart he layeth his wait. 


Every man is out for himself.  They speak softly and then you are bitten by a viper.


9 Shall I not visit them for these [things]? saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this? 


The Lord asks shall He not pay His people the wages earned?



10 For the mountains will I take up a weeping and wailing, and for the habitations of the wilderness a lamentation, because they are burned up, so that none can pass through [them]; neither can [men] hear the voice of the cattle; both the fowl of the heavens and the beast are fled; they are gone. 


All that will be heard is weeping.  From the mountain to the wilderness, things that used to be normal will be abnormal.  All animals you are accustomed to will be nowhere around.

11 And I will make Jerusalem heaps, [and] a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant. 


The capital Jerusalem will be in ruins and animals that have never roamed there will be its resting place.  Judah will be left empty.

12 Who [is] the wise man, that may understand this? and [who is he] to whom the mouth of the LORD hath spoken, that he may declare it, for what the land perisheth [and] is burned up like a wilderness, that none passeth through? 


What wise man will preach this message.  What I said will happen.


13 And the LORD saith, Because they have forsaken my law which I set before them, and have not obeyed my voice, neither walked therein; 

Because you refuse to obey Me;

14 But have walked after the imagination of their own heart, and after Baalim, which their fathers taught them: 


You think of things to do and you do them.  You do not check My Word for security and you repeat the same sins of your fathers.

15 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will feed them, [even] this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink. 


I will give you water and food that will teach you the lesson of you must follow My Word.  All that you are accustomed to, will be gone.

16 I will scatter them also among the heathen, whom neither they nor their fathers have known: and I will send a sword after them, till I have consumed them. 


You will live among people you do not know and they will hurt you.

17 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Consider ye, and call for the mourning women, that they may come; and send for cunning [women], that they may come: 


Go get women who know how to cry at funerals.



18 And let them make haste, and take up a wailing for us, that our eyes may run down with tears, and our eyelids gush out with waters.


Teach them how to cry hard.


 19 For a voice of wailing is heard out of Zion, How are we spoiled! we are greatly confounded, because we have forsaken the land, because our dwellings have cast [us] out. 

The lyrics to your cry will be how sad you are.  You will cry loudly!


20 Yet hear the word of the LORD, O ye women, and let your ear receive the word of his mouth, and teach your daughters wailing, and every one her neighbour lamentation. 

Gather more women and bring your daughters and teach them the proper way of crying.  

21 For death is come up into our windows, [and] is entered into our palaces, to cut off the children from without, [and] the young men from the streets. 


The reason for your cry is that death is all around you.

22 Speak, Thus saith the LORD, Even the carcases of men shall fall as dung upon the open field, and as the handful after the harvestman, and none shall gather [them]. 


Dead bodies will be unrecognizable; there will be nobody to bury them, they will be all over the place like a farmer who leaves what little is left on the ground.


23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise [man] glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty [man] glory in his might, let not the rich [man] glory in his riches: 


No well-known preacher can entertain you and comfort you when I send my judgment.


24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I [am] the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these [things] I delight, saith the LORD. 


Anybody who wants to have anything good to say, say that I am in the Word of God and my obedience to His Word kept me from this judgment.


25 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will punish all [them which are] circumcised with the uncircumcised;

There will be a day and I will punish all who sin.  People who are churchgoers and those who never went.


 26 Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all [that are] in the utmost corners, that dwell in the wilderness: for all [these] nations [are] uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel [are] uncircumcised in the heart. 

I will destroy those who have not been circumcised outwardly and those who have been circumcised but not circumcised in their hearts. Those who have a copy of My Word but refuse to obey it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 149