Jonah 2


Jonah 2 describes the life of  Jonah from the inside of a whale's belly.  It has ten verses, each showing details of what was happening with Jonah.  Jonah was afraid, sad, and encouraged, and he found the strength to praise.  Jonah sounded like me when I went in the wrong direction. God had to catch and sit me alone to examine myself.  We will find out later why Jonah altered God's command. However, I would like to say what I learned about myself in this chapter.  As stated, my emotions have been like Jonah's.  The video I created shows exactly how I see Jonah in this condition. Jonah could not run, perhaps he could have strayed in his mind, but the ability to get out of that situation was not a choice for him.  Sometimes God allows us to stay put. Learn from this place.  No one can help you, and you can't walk away.  God told the whale to swallow him and not bite him.  The only thing Jonah said that bothered him physically was the seaweed.  The seaweed did not stop the purpose. They were annoying.  And life has seaweeds around our heads sometimes.  I imagine the seaweed is like gnats when you are working and can't seem to zap it. 

Jonah was up and down with his prayer, but God was consistent.  Jonah did not behave perfectly, but he was loved under this pressure.

I learned that God loves me just like this.  I have my moments daily with my emotions because I either do not like where I am or I do not understand why I am where I am.  Jonah realized he brought this upon himself.  But God gave him space to be frustrated, and when Jonah realized God was to be praised, he praised Him,  then God told the whale to vomit him on dry land.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 149