Psalm 94

Brendaonline.com





94 O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.

Revenge or punishment for wrong belongs to God.  Lord show us today that you are our protector.

You will hurt yourself if you try to take matters into your own hands.

We cannot pay back or give retribution.

God did not put it us to take matters in our own hands.

We do not have God's authority to get back at anyone.


Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud.

You said that You reign over earth, then remove those who cause harm from the earth and let us see good days.

Only God can judge.


Lord, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph?

How long will evil people be in charge?

Twice the writer ask.  When a question is asked twice, it demands attention.  The request comes from a place of hurt.

How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?

When will You shut the mouths of the ungodly?

They break in pieces thy people, O Lord, and afflict thine heritage.

We are tired and in distress.  Help us Lord.

They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless.

We see killing of the innocent daily.

Yet they say, The Lord shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard it.

The wicked say the God is blind.

Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools, when will ye be wise?

When will you get it?  God will put things in order!

He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?

He knows how your ears work, He knows how your eyes work!

10 He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?

God corrected the heathen when they entered the promise land.  God teaches knowledge.  God defines knowledge.

11 The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.

God knows what we are thinking and our thinking is worthless.

12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law;

A man is happy when he is taught the Word of God.

13 That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

The confidence in knowing the Word of God gives us confidence. The wicked will go down.

14 For the Lord will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.

God will not ignore His people.  He will not abandon His seed.

15 But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.

God will do good to those who obey His Word; and everything good will be given to those who do right.


16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?

Who will help me but God?

17 Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.

If God had not helped me, I would be a wreck.

18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.

When I was going down, Lord, You picked me up.

19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

I thought of Your Word and I was satisfied.

20 Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?

Will God agree with wickedness?

21 They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood.

Why do the wicked make laws to condemn the righteous?  They have meeting so they can plan their evil deeds.

22 But the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.

But God will handle it all.

23 And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the Lord our God shall cut them off.

God said I will bring justice.  God said it that settles it!



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 149