Isaiah 42

 

brendaonline.com

Isaiah 42:1-25 (KJV) 



1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, [in whom] my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 


Jesus will teach what is right and wrong to the Gentiles.


2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. 


He is not looking for man to help Him.


3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. 


He will not hurt the hurt ones and he will not blow out the light of those who are struggling to be a light.  He will prove what is right from what is wrong.



4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. 


He will get His assignment done.  He will stay focused until justice is put in place: and the people will wait for the finished work.


5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 



God introduces Himself.  When we look up and from side to side while looking up, we see His work.  When we look around us and what is beneath our hands, it is God again at work.  When I see people moving around I see again what God created.  When I see man behave as the God created him, I see God all over again.  It is amazing to see God at work all the time and He never takes a break to brag on who and what He has done.  He is so busy making things happen, His works speak or brags for Him.


6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 


1.  God calls His Son.  Everything God does, He does it because He is right and what He does He does it for the right reason.

2.  God holds His Son's hand.

3.  God will keep His Son.

4.  God will use Jesus to be what connects man to Him.

5.  Jesus will be the light for the Gentiles (world)

Whatever He did for His Son, He also did for me.  Jesus provided the blood to connect me back to the Father.


7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, [and] them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 


My eyes were blind to the Word of God

I was in a cult called religion that used God's Word to keep me in bondage.  Anytime we take God's Word out of context, we open the doors to lock people into prison.

I sat in darkness in a prison.  I was told what, when, how to live life as the leader demanded.

It was not until I gazed upon the light of the mission of Jesus, that I saw myself and the world I was in chains into.


8 I [am] the LORD: that [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. 


God repeats that He alone is God.  He will not share His benefits with anyone and He will not recognize anything man calls god/religion.


9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them. 


What I did, you see now.  I will tell you what I will do before I do it.  I do this so that you will believe me.  I will never spring anything on you.  If you check the Word of God, everything He said was written before it happened.


10 Sing unto the LORD a new song, [and] his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof. 


Sing, praise all the time, and let it be heard from everywhere.  When the truth is made known, a song comes along with it.  We live in a world so dark, truth is a song.


11 Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up [their voice], the villages [that] Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains. 


Sing in dead places, sing where people love to go into, sing in the suburbs, sing in hard times and sing when you are on top of the world.


12 Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the islands. 


Advertise God and make His product known to those disconnected from Him.


13 The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies. 


God moves powerfully.  When a man is jealous, he will fight hard: When God fights, you will know it is God, and the results of war will be won by Him against His enemies.


14 I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, [and] refrained myself: [now] will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once. 


God has been patient.  Because we refuse to change, God will make his mover in extreme anger. When God moves in anger, He will destroy at once.


15 I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools. 


I will destroy the high places of religions big and small, I will dry anything connected to religion and God will turn dry places into the water and the convenience of having water he will make dry.


16 And I will bring the blind by a way [that] they knew not; I will lead them in paths [that] they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.


God will destroy and now He will build.  The blind will see and they will see what they have never seen and did not know existed.  Those things that were dark, God will bring light; God will make crooked straight.  God promises to conduct business right for anyone who allows Him to be God.  Hating evil is a God thing.


17 They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye [are] our gods. 


God clearly gave instructions to his people.  He explained who He was and what He expected from them and still they refused to change.


18 Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see. 


Look people of God, If you do not do what I say after learning what I say, you will are blind, deaf and you remain being deaf and blind.


19 Who [is] blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger [that] I sent? who [is] blind as [he that is] perfect, and blind as the LORD'S servant? 


How is it that you are blind and deaf and at the same time you belong to me?  How can that be?  If you are blind or deaf or both, it because you have chosen someone else to be your god.


20 Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not. 


You know what to do, but you will not do it.


21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make [it] honourable. 


God is pleased with the way he does things.  He does things so well, He will make His ways known and people will respect His righteous ways.


22 But this [is] a people robbed and spoiled; [they are] all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore. 


My people who live without my Word, who have been exposed to my Word will be robbed and fit for nothing; all of them are trapped in  holes, and they are in house bound by man's rules that has nothing to do with My instructions; they are food for animals and no one to deliver them; you will be people who will be of no use and still none of you call out for Me.


23 Who among you will give ear to this? [who] will hearken and hear for the time to come? 


Is anyone listening to me?


24 Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the LORD, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law. 


Who took what belongs to me and cast them among the rotten and theives?  This is ubsurd!  You have been taught by God, the only authourity.  Israel sinned against God.  God's people did not obey their God.


25 Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid [it] not to heart.


Because of their disobedience God poured his hot anger toward His people like a mad leader against his oppoent: The children of Israel will be surrounded by fire and they were burnedl too,  and still you will not change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nahum 1